Arnett, Shannon under spell of "Jonah Hex"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Will Arnett and Oscar nominee Michael Shannon are joining the cast of "Jonah Hex," an action Western based on the DC Comics character.
It's the story of Hex (Josh Brolin), a scarred bounty hunter tracking a voodoo practitioner (John Malkovich) who wants to raise an army of the undead to liberate the South.
Arnett, whose work has been mostly in comedy, will play a Union soldier who enlists Hex and is blindsided by the dirty fighting style of his enemies.
Shannon plays Doc Cross Williams, the bizarre ringleader of a brutal gladiator circus event. The character might appear in sequels.
Jimmy Hayward is directing "Hex" for Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures. Also in the cast is Megan Fox.
Arnett voices the Missing Link in DreamWorks Animation's hit "Monsters vs. Aliens" and will appear in "When in Rome" with Kristen Bell and the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced "G-Force," both from Disney. He is one of the voices in Fox's "Sit Down, Shut Up" animated series and is working on a 2010 pilot for Fox.
Shannon received an Oscar nomination for his supporting role in "Revolutionary Road." He recently completed filming Werner Herzog's drama "My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done."
(Editing by Sheri Linden at Reuters)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'