Simon and Garfunkel headed Down Under for tour
BRISBANE (Billboard) - Simon and Garfunkel have crossed their personal bridge over troubled water and will reunite for a rare concert tour, kicking off in New Zealand and Australia.
The enduring duo will first visit New Zealand for a June 13 concert at Auckland's Vector Arena, before traveling west for seven shows in Australia, beginning June 17 at the Brisbane Entertainment Center and concluding July 2 at the Burswood Dome in Perth. It will mark the pair's first Australasian visit since their 1983 Summer Evening Tour.
Speculation on a reunion tour has ramped up since Garfunkel made a surprise appearance at a Paul Simon concert in New York on February 13. The pair performed "The Sound of Silence," "The Boxer" and "Old Friends" during the encore, in what was understood to be just their third appearance together since concluding a 2004 U.S. and European reunion run.
(Editing by Dean Goodman at Reuters)
- Hamas defends Gaza ambush blamed for ending ceasefire |
- Bible left in North Korean sailor's club triggered U.S. tourist's arrest
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- U.S. House passes border-security funding bill to speed deportations |
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight