"Idol" champ Fantasia to star in reality series
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Former "American Idol" star Fantasia Barrino will return to reality television in a new unscripted series on VH1.
The nine-time Grammy nominee has received a series commitment from the network for a show, as yet untitled, that will premiere in early 2010.
The project will chronicle Fantasia's life as a recording artist and young single mother.
The North Carolinian rose to fame as the winner of the third season of "Idol" and has gone on to a successful career as a recording artist. Her autobiography, "Life Is Not a Fairy Tale," led to a Lifetime movie in which she played herself.
(Editing by Sheri Linden at Reuters)
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source