Vatican condemns Ahmadinejad comments as extremist
VATICAN CITY, April 20 (Reuters) - The Vatican on Monday said that comments hostile to Israel made by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at a United Nations conference on racism were "extremist and unacceptable".
Many diplomats walked out of the Geneva conference when Ahmadinejad accused Israel in his speech of establishing a "cruel and repressive racist regime" over Palestinians. (Editing by Tim Pearce)
- Search resumes for hundreds missing in South Korean ferry disaster |
- Separatists fly Russian flag over Ukrainian armored vehicles
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- BofA reports first quarterly loss since 2011 on lofty legal bill
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |