Vatican condemns Ahmadinejad comments as extremist
VATICAN CITY, April 20 (Reuters) - The Vatican on Monday said that comments hostile to Israel made by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at a United Nations conference on racism were "extremist and unacceptable".
Many diplomats walked out of the Geneva conference when Ahmadinejad accused Israel in his speech of establishing a "cruel and repressive racist regime" over Palestinians. (Editing by Tim Pearce)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost Malaysian airliner may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean : source |
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data