Will Smith in "Business" with Sci Fi
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Sci Fi Channel is teaming with Will Smith's production company for a new crime drama.
The network has ordered "Unfinished Business," a series about an ex-cop who starts seeing flashes of memories from the recently deceased. The visions compel him to help wronged souls resolve their unfinished business.
The network, which changes its name to Syfy on July 7, plans to air "Unfinished Business" as a two-hour movie that will also serve as a potential series pilot.
"Unfinished Business" is being produced through Smith's Overbrook Entertainment, with the actor on board as one of the executive producers.
Sci Fi's most recent stab at the crime procedural genre was "The Dresden Files," which lasted 12 episodes in 2007.
(Editing by Dean Gooodman at Reuters)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |