Will Smith in "Business" with Sci Fi
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Sci Fi Channel is teaming with Will Smith's production company for a new crime drama.
The network has ordered "Unfinished Business," a series about an ex-cop who starts seeing flashes of memories from the recently deceased. The visions compel him to help wronged souls resolve their unfinished business.
The network, which changes its name to Syfy on July 7, plans to air "Unfinished Business" as a two-hour movie that will also serve as a potential series pilot.
"Unfinished Business" is being produced through Smith's Overbrook Entertainment, with the actor on board as one of the executive producers.
Sci Fi's most recent stab at the crime procedural genre was "The Dresden Files," which lasted 12 episodes in 2007.
(Editing by Dean Gooodman at Reuters)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes