Samsung aims to more than double notebook PC sales
SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korea's Samsung Electronics said on Thursday it aimed to more than double its notebook computer sales this year.
Samsung said in a news conference that it aimed to sell 5 million notebook computers in 2009, up from 2 million sold in 2008. It is also aiming to place as high as No. 7 in the global notebook sales ranking this year, after being ranked 10th last year.
(Reporting by Marie-France Han; Editing by Jonathan Hopfner)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Apple's iPhone sales beat Street but iPad volumes slide
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- China's growth slowest since global crisis, annual target at risk