Man shot 34 times in head with nail gun
CANBERRA (Reuters) - Australian police released Friday a shocking x-ray photo showing the skull of a murdered Chinese immigrant shot 34 times in the head and neck with a high-power nail gun.
The body of Chen Liu, 27, was found by two children last year in marshland in south Sydney, wrapped in a carpet and bound with electrical wire.
Detectives said the weapon used was a standard gas nail gun widely available and used in construction, firing nails up to 85mm (3.3 inches) long.
"In 36 years, I've never seen a murder of this nature," Homicide Squad Superintendent Geoff Beresford told reporters.
Liu arrived in Australia in 2000 and was reported missing last year.
(Reporting by Rob Taylor; Editing by Alex Richardson)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video