A huge tornado tears through the Oklahoma City suburb of Moore, killing dozens. Slideshow
CORK/DUBLIN - Ireland said on Tuesday it was not to blame for Apple Inc's low global tax payments and had no special rate deal with the company after the U.S. Senate said it paid little or no tax on tens of billions of dollars in profits stashed in Irish subsidiaries.
LONDON - From ketchup to hot drinks, family-run investment firms are shaking up the consumer deals market, squeezing out private equity players and forcing them to change strategy.
BEIJING/HONG KONG - China reiterated its opposition on Thursday to a European Union plan to limit airline carbon dioxide emissions and called for talks to resolve the issue a day after its major airlines refused to pay any carbon costs under the new law.
UAW to own 55 percent of Chrysler stock: report
(Reuters) - The United Auto Workers will eventually own 55 percent of stock in a restructured Chrysler under a deal reached by the two, the WSJ reported on Monday.
* Fiat SpA will eventually own 35 percent of a restructured Chrysler - wsj
* Under deal, US government and Chrysler's secured lenders together will own 10 percent of restructured Chrysler -wsj
* Chrysler to pay $4.587 billion note into VEBA under deal -wsj
* Chrysler to pay $300 million in cash into VEBA in 2010 and 2011, and increasing amounts up to $823 million from 2019 to 2023 -wsj
* Under deal, VEBA to own "significant" amount of Chrysler stock, allowed to appoint representative to board -wsj
* Under deal, UAW and Chrysler agree to suspension of cost-of-living adjustments, new limits on overtime pay -wsj
* Under deal, workers to be paid overtime only after they have worked at least 40 hours in a week -wsj
* Chrysler estimates Fiat investment is worth $8 billion, to create 4,000 new UAW jobs in U.S. -wsj
* Fiat agreed to produce at least one small car in a Chrysler plant in the U.S. -wsj
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this