Jenny McCarthy inks deal with Winfrey's Harpo
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Jenny McCarthy is poised to become the next star in Oprah Winfrey's media empire.
McCarthy has inked a multi-year deal with Winfrey's Harpo Prods. to develop projects on different platforms, including a syndicated talk show that the actress/author would host.
The first collaboration under the pact is a blog by McCarthy on Oprah.com, which launched Friday. Like other Winfrey proteges-turned-TV moguls, among them Rachael Ray and Dr. Phil, McCarthy has been a frequent guest on "The Oprah Winfrey Show."
McCarthy talked to the chat queen about her struggles with her son's autism in conjunction with the publication of her best-selling books "Louder Than Words: A Mother's Journey in Healing Autism" and "Mother Warriors: A Nation of Parents Healing Autism Against All Odds." McCarthy also has participated twice in Winfrey's Friday Live panels, most recently this past Friday.
A former Playboy model, McCarthy burst into the TV scene as the host of MTV's dating show "Singled Out," a job that jump-started her acting career. She later segued into writing with a string of best-selling books and became an activist on behalf of the search for a cure for autism.
(Editing by Sheri Linden at Reuters)
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data