HP and RIM form alliance on BlackBerry
(Reuters) - Hewlett-Packard Co and BlackBerry maker Research In Motion Ltd said they have formed an alliance to provide services for the BlackBerry.
Among the services are HP CloudPrint for BlackBerry smartphones, which allows users to print e-mails and documents at the nearest printer using the Internet.
The services include support for BlackBerry's Enterprise Server 5.0, which was launched on Monday.
HP's enterprise customers can also use the PC maker's ProLiant servers to run the BlackBerry Enterprise Server software, the companies said.
BlackBerry handsets have become a staple of executives, lawyers, politicians and other professionals who use them to send wireless e-mail securely.
(Reporting by S John Tilak and Ajay Kamalakaran in Bangalore; Editing by Derek Caney)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt |
Thousands line up to say goodbye to Nelson Mandela, whose body is lying in state in Pretoria. Slideshow