Van Halen confirmed for "Guitar Hero"
DENVER (Billboard) - Activision Blizzard is releasing three new music-based video games this year -- "DJ Hero," "Guitar Hero 5" and "Band Hero" -- and has confirmed that "Guitar Hero: Van Halen" is on tap.
The company provided few details on any of the games. "DJ Hero," which previously was confirmed, still doesn't have a full set list in place, but the company has released new details about the controller. It will be a single turntable device with three colored buttons similar to the five fret buttons featured on "Guitar Hero."
"Band Hero" is positioned as a more family-oriented version of "Guitar Hero," focusing on top 40 hits. "Guitar Hero 5" is expected to be similar to all previous installments, but with the ability to "drop in and out of songs and change band members, instruments and difficulty levels on the fly."
The company confirmed the development of "Guitar Hero: Van Halen" to video-game blog Joystiq. It is scheduled for release in the second half of the year. No specific tracks were listed, but Activision said it will include music from guest bands including Queen, Weezer, blink-182, The Offspring and Queens of the Stone Age.
It's not clear which band members will appear as avatars within the game.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions