Fed's Lockhart-Too soon to breathe easy
JEKYLL ISLAND, Ga.
JEKYLL ISLAND, Ga. May 12 (Reuters) - Financial market conditions are more stable than during the height of the crisis in 2008, but it would be premature to say it has ended, Atlanta Federal Reserve President Dennis Lockhart said on Tuesday.
"I believe that conditions are now calmer but it is too soon to breathe easy," he said in remarks to a conference organized by his institution. (Reporting by Alister Bull and Mark Felsenthal, Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general |
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Branson to meet Virgin Galactic space team after crash |
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California