NY Fed says bought $2.98 bln of Treasuries
NEW YORK May 14 (Reuters) - The New York Federal Reserve on Thursday said it bought $2.98 billion of Treasuries maturing between October 2010 and February 2011.
Dealers submitted $27.09 billion for consideration in the operation.
The purchase was part of its emergency effort to keep long-term interest rates low. The Fed said in March it would buy up to $300 billion in U.S. government bonds over six months.
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media