Gazprom board recommends sharp dividend cut
MOSCOW May 18 (Reuters) - The state-controlled board of Russian gas export monopoly Gazprom (GAZP.MM) recommended on Monday a drastic cut in the firm's dividend for 2008 following instructions from the government, Gazprom said in a statement.
The board proposed the firm's annual general meeting to cut the dividend payment to 0.37 roubles per share.
Sources told Reuters in April the firm's management was proposing a dividend of 1.28 roubles per share, down from 2.66 roubles paid in 2007. (Reporting by Dmitry Zhdannikov; editing by Toni Vorobyova)
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Financial health: The four numbers to zero in on
- Ebola patient coming to U.S. as aid workers' health worsens
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |