Gazprom board recommends sharp dividend cut
MOSCOW May 18 (Reuters) - The state-controlled board of Russian gas export monopoly Gazprom (GAZP.MM) recommended on Monday a drastic cut in the firm's dividend for 2008 following instructions from the government, Gazprom said in a statement.
The board proposed the firm's annual general meeting to cut the dividend payment to 0.37 roubles per share.
Sources told Reuters in April the firm's management was proposing a dividend of 1.28 roubles per share, down from 2.66 roubles paid in 2007. (Reporting by Dmitry Zhdannikov; editing by Toni Vorobyova)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official