Gazprom board recommends sharp dividend cut
MOSCOW May 18 (Reuters) - The state-controlled board of Russian gas export monopoly Gazprom (GAZP.MM) recommended on Monday a drastic cut in the firm's dividend for 2008 following instructions from the government, Gazprom said in a statement.
The board proposed the firm's annual general meeting to cut the dividend payment to 0.37 roubles per share.
Sources told Reuters in April the firm's management was proposing a dividend of 1.28 roubles per share, down from 2.66 roubles paid in 2007. (Reporting by Dmitry Zhdannikov; editing by Toni Vorobyova)
- Obama unveils U.S. immigration reform, setting up fight with Republicans |
- More arrests as protesters await Ferguson grand jury decision
- Exclusive: U.S. increasing non-lethal military aid to Ukraine
- Henrik Fisker is back with a souped up Mustang
- Russia warns U.S. against arms to Ukraine as Biden due in Kiev