India PM Singh takes oath for second term
NEW DELHI May 22 (Reuters) - India's Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was sworn-in on Friday for a second successive term after his coalition won a sweeping victory in a mammoth, month-long general election.
Singh, 76, has named 19 members to his new cabinet, many of them veteran colleagues in his Congress party. Portfolios were not allocated. (Editing by Alistair Scrutton)
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Ferguson march muted, police officer disciplined over video |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- U.S. protests intercept of Navy jet by Chinese warplane