India PM Singh takes oath for second term
NEW DELHI May 22 (Reuters) - India's Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was sworn-in on Friday for a second successive term after his coalition won a sweeping victory in a mammoth, month-long general election.
Singh, 76, has named 19 members to his new cabinet, many of them veteran colleagues in his Congress party. Portfolios were not allocated. (Editing by Alistair Scrutton)
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Islamic State committing 'staggering' crimes in Iraq: U.N. report
- Global stocks succumb to growth fears; ECB trillion euro question awaits
- Hong Kong warns democracy protesters of firm response |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold