India PM Singh takes oath for second term
NEW DELHI May 22 (Reuters) - India's Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was sworn-in on Friday for a second successive term after his coalition won a sweeping victory in a mammoth, month-long general election.
Singh, 76, has named 19 members to his new cabinet, many of them veteran colleagues in his Congress party. Portfolios were not allocated. (Editing by Alistair Scrutton)
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand