Goldman, MBK to buy Universal Studios Japan -report
SEOUL May 26 (Reuters) - Goldman Sachs (GS.N) and Asian private equity firm MBK Partners are set to buy out Universal Studios Japan (USJ) 2142.T on Tuesday for $1.4 billion, South Korea's Maeil Business Newspaper reported.
Goldman and MBK will acquire a 98.3 percent stake in Osaka-based Universal Studios Japan and plan to buy the remaining minority shares, the daily reported, citing MBK sources.
In March, sources said Goldman would bid for USJ to take it private. [ID:nT373372] (Reporting by Rhee So-eui; Editing by Jonathan Hopfner)
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port