- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Justice Department defends journalist email search
Monica Bellucci's flat burgled while at Cannes
PARIS (Reuters) - Jewelry and other items worth around 80,000 euros ($112,000) were stolen from Italian film star Monica Bellucci's Paris apartment on Sunday while she was at the Cannes film festival's closing ceremony, police said.
Bellucci, a former model who is married to French cinema star Vincent Cassel and has featured in "The Matrix Reloaded" and "Irreversible," had not yet officially reported the theft, a police spokesman said.
A final valuation of the items stolen from the couple's apartment, which also included laptop computers and Bellucci's Italian passport, was therefore not available.
Bellucci was at Cannes, a resort town on France's Mediterranean coast, to promote Marina de Van's "Don't Turn Around," in which she stars alongside French actress and former Bond girl Sophie Marceau.
An unknown number of burglars entered the apartment, on the fourth floor of a building in eastern Paris, from a terrace, the spokesman said.
(Reporting by Gerard Bon; writing by Francois Murphy; Editing by Charles Dick)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this