ECB's Constancio sees no collapse of U.S. dollar
LISBON May 28 (Reuters) - European Central Bank Governing Council member Vitor Constancio said on Thursday he does not believe there will be a collapse in the U.S. dollar.
"I don't believe in any collapse of the dollar," Constancio told a conference in Lisbon.
"It (a collpase of the dollar) will not happen for many reasons but there are tensions, there are concerns," he added without elaborating.
The dollar has fallen against the euro in recent weeks.
(Reporting by Sergio Goncalves; writing by Axel Bugge)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone