ECB's Constancio sees no collapse of U.S. dollar
LISBON May 28 (Reuters) - European Central Bank Governing Council member Vitor Constancio said on Thursday he does not believe there will be a collapse in the U.S. dollar.
"I don't believe in any collapse of the dollar," Constancio told a conference in Lisbon.
"It (a collpase of the dollar) will not happen for many reasons but there are tensions, there are concerns," he added without elaborating.
The dollar has fallen against the euro in recent weeks.
(Reporting by Sergio Goncalves; writing by Axel Bugge)
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine; China seizes ship
- South Korea president says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Australia sees 'regroup' on Malaysian plane search in a few days |
- At Mt. Gox bitcoin hub, 'geek' CEO sought both control and escape