ECB's Constancio sees no collapse of U.S. dollar
LISBON May 28 (Reuters) - European Central Bank Governing Council member Vitor Constancio said on Thursday he does not believe there will be a collapse in the U.S. dollar.
"I don't believe in any collapse of the dollar," Constancio told a conference in Lisbon.
"It (a collpase of the dollar) will not happen for many reasons but there are tensions, there are concerns," he added without elaborating.
The dollar has fallen against the euro in recent weeks.
(Reporting by Sergio Goncalves; writing by Axel Bugge)
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand