ECB's Constancio sees no collapse of U.S. dollar
LISBON May 28 (Reuters) - European Central Bank Governing Council member Vitor Constancio said on Thursday he does not believe there will be a collapse in the U.S. dollar.
"I don't believe in any collapse of the dollar," Constancio told a conference in Lisbon.
"It (a collpase of the dollar) will not happen for many reasons but there are tensions, there are concerns," he added without elaborating.
The dollar has fallen against the euro in recent weeks.
(Reporting by Sergio Goncalves; writing by Axel Bugge)
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped