ECB's Constancio sees no collapse of U.S. dollar
LISBON May 28 (Reuters) - European Central Bank Governing Council member Vitor Constancio said on Thursday he does not believe there will be a collapse in the U.S. dollar.
"I don't believe in any collapse of the dollar," Constancio told a conference in Lisbon.
"It (a collpase of the dollar) will not happen for many reasons but there are tensions, there are concerns," he added without elaborating.
The dollar has fallen against the euro in recent weeks.
(Reporting by Sergio Goncalves; writing by Axel Bugge)
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters