Freddie Prinze Jr. taking role on "24"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Freddie Prinze Jr. as Jack Bauer Jr.?
Sources said Prinze is joining the cast of the Fox series "24" as a regular, playing Davis Cole, a recently returned Marine who runs CTU Field Ops and wants to follow in the footsteps of Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland).
Prinze is one of several new cast members on the real-time drama, whose upcoming eighth season started production Wednesday. Anil Kapoor ("Slumdog Millionaire") plays a Middle East leader, Chris Diamantopoulos is the president's new chief of staff, and John Boyd is cast as a CTU systems analyst. All three are regulars, while Jennifer Westfeldt has come aboard in the recurring role of a journalist.
Also taking a recurring role on the series is Nazneen Contractor as Kapoor's daughter.
Prinze's many television credits include the 2005-2006 sitcom "Freddie," in which he starred.
(Editing by Sheri Linden at Reuters)
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details