Travelers, Cisco open higher after added to Dow
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Shares of Travelers Co (TRV.N) and Cisco Systems Inc.(CSCO.O) opened higher on Monday after the companies were added to the Dow Jones Industrial average.
Citigroup Inc (C.N) was little changed after the bank was removed from the prestigious Dow index to be replaced by Travelers. Cisco will replace General Motors Corp (GM.N), which filed for bankruptcy.
The changes will be put into effect at the opening of trading on June 8.
Travelers was up 1.8 percent to $41.37 and Cisco gained 3.1 percent to $19.07.
(Reporting by Leah Schnurr; Editing by Theodore d'Afflisio)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; snow heads East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media