Brazil sights possible plane wreckage in Atlantic
RIO DE JANEIRO
RIO DE JANEIRO (Reuters) - Brazilian military planes have sighted wreckage 400 miles off the South American country's northern coast that could be part of an Air France plane that went missing on Sunday night, Brazil's air force said on Tuesday.
The wreckage, which has still not been confirmed to be parts from Air France flight 447, includes metallic objects and plane seats, an air force spokesman said in a televised statement.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source