- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Stockholm calmer but violence spreads outside Swedish capital |
P&G to phase out Max Factor in the United States
SAN FRANCISCO, June 4 |
SAN FRANCISCO, June 4 (Reuters) - Max Factor, the 100-year-old American makeup brand, will be discontinued by early next year in the United States, where its market share is limited, owner Procter & Gamble (PG.N) said on Thursday.
The brand will continue to be sold abroad in more than 70 countries, P&G said.
Procter & Gamble, which also owns more widely distributed Cover Girl, said the company will focus its resources on that brand, which it called the No. 1 cosmetics brand in North America.
Max Factor, which has about 1 percent market share in the United States and limited distribution, generates some $1.2 billion of retail sales around the world, said spokeswoman Anitra Marsh in an email. (Reporting by Alexandria Sage; Editing by Steve Orlofsky)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this