"Heroes" casts new villain
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Actor Robert Knepper continues his villainous streak.
Coming off a role as bad guy Theodore "T-Bag" Bagwell on Fox's "Prison Break," Knepper has been tapped as the new lead villain on NBC's "Heroes" next season.
In at least six episodes of the series' fourth season, Knepper will play Samuel, a Jim Jones type -- charismatic but evil, with a twisted sense of humor.
"Heroes" is slated to return in the fall in a new time slot, 8 p.m. Mondays. The sci-fi drama -- which enjoys a strong online following -- will share its time period with another fan favorite, "Chuck," which will take over in midseason.
Knepper is perhaps best known for playing a character on the former "Prison Break" series who viewers loved to hate: T-Bag was a murderer, rapist and supremacist. On the big screen, he recently was seen in "Transporter 3" and "The Day the Earth Stood Still."
(Editing by Sheri Linden at Reuters)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |