Jason Priestley to direct online series
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - TheWB.com is teaming with former "Beverly Hills, 90210" star Jason Priestley for "The Lake," a new online series.
The coming-of-age drama concerns four families who spend each summer together at a lakeside retreat. Priestley will serve as director of the project, which will be produced by former WB TV network CEO Jordan Levin, through his media company Generate, and partners Pete Aronson and Michael Petok.
Twelve episodes of "The Lake" have been ordered, each with a fairly significant running time (for online content, at least) of seven to 10 minutes each.
The series will premiere in August.
(Editing by Sheri Linden at Reuters)
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California