Jason Priestley to direct online series
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - TheWB.com is teaming with former "Beverly Hills, 90210" star Jason Priestley for "The Lake," a new online series.
The coming-of-age drama concerns four families who spend each summer together at a lakeside retreat. Priestley will serve as director of the project, which will be produced by former WB TV network CEO Jordan Levin, through his media company Generate, and partners Pete Aronson and Michael Petok.
Twelve episodes of "The Lake" have been ordered, each with a fairly significant running time (for online content, at least) of seven to 10 minutes each.
The series will premiere in August.
(Editing by Sheri Linden at Reuters)
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- No criminal charges in fatal gun range shooting by nine-year-old girl
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Chinese interceptions of U.S. military planes could intensify due to submarine base