Turkish planes bomb PKK in Iraq -military sources
ANKARA Jan 7 (Reuters) - Turkish military planes attacked Kurdish militants in northern Iraq late on Saturday, Turkish military sources said on Sunday.
Between four and six aircraft carried out the operation after Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) fighters were spotted on Iraqi soil near the Turkish border, they said.
The sources told Reuters Turkish ground forces began shelling PKK bases in northern Iraq on Saturday and the firing was continuing. (Writing by Selcuk Gokoluk; editing by Andrew Dobbie) (firstname.lastname@example.org; +90 312 292 7012; Reuters messaging: email@example.com))
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane