Lend Lease says U.S. unit Bovis under investigation
SYDNEY, June 9
SYDNEY, June 9 (Reuters) - U.S. attorneys are investigating allegations about billing practices at Bovis Lend Lease, a subsidiary of Australian building contractor Lend Lease Corp (LLC.AX), the group said on Tuesday.
"The investigations arise from allegations made by a former employee," Lend Lease said in a statement.
"These include an allegation relating to billing practices in respect of foremen taken out of the union pool where excess costs incurred by Bovis Lend Lease for payments made to union foremen were billed to clients." (Reporting by Mark Bendeich; Editing by Jonathan Standing)
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |