Lend Lease says U.S. unit Bovis under investigation
SYDNEY, June 9
SYDNEY, June 9 (Reuters) - U.S. attorneys are investigating allegations about billing practices at Bovis Lend Lease, a subsidiary of Australian building contractor Lend Lease Corp (LLC.AX), the group said on Tuesday.
"The investigations arise from allegations made by a former employee," Lend Lease said in a statement.
"These include an allegation relating to billing practices in respect of foremen taken out of the union pool where excess costs incurred by Bovis Lend Lease for payments made to union foremen were billed to clients." (Reporting by Mark Bendeich; Editing by Jonathan Standing)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'