Lend Lease says U.S. unit Bovis under investigation
SYDNEY, June 9
SYDNEY, June 9 (Reuters) - U.S. attorneys are investigating allegations about billing practices at Bovis Lend Lease, a subsidiary of Australian building contractor Lend Lease Corp (LLC.AX), the group said on Tuesday.
"The investigations arise from allegations made by a former employee," Lend Lease said in a statement.
"These include an allegation relating to billing practices in respect of foremen taken out of the union pool where excess costs incurred by Bovis Lend Lease for payments made to union foremen were billed to clients." (Reporting by Mark Bendeich; Editing by Jonathan Standing)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows