UPDATE 1-Amazon to pay Toys R Us $51 mln settlement
LOS ANGELES, June 12
LOS ANGELES, June 12 (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc (AMZN.O) said on Friday it would pay $51 million to settle legal claims related to Toys R Us Inc's [TOY.UL] 2004 lawsuit that sought to terminate the retailers' strategic relationship.
Under the terms of the June 11 settlement agreement, Amazon will pay Toys R Us the $51 million within 45 days of the settlement date, which coincides with Amazon's third quarter.
Amazon said that substantially all of the one-time payment had been unanticipated and that it would be charged to "other operating expense" in the second quarter.
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- No criminal charges in fatal gun range shooting by nine-year-old girl
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Chinese interceptions of U.S. military planes could intensify due to submarine base