U.S., Japan agree must tighten North Korea sanctions: official
LECCE, Italy (Reuters) - U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and Japanese Finance Minister Kaoru Yosano have agreed they must tighten sanctions against North Korea, a senior Japanese official at the Group of Eight finance meeting said.
"Both ministers agreed that we must tighten sanctions against North Korea," the Japanese official told reporters on Friday after a meeting between the two men.
He also quoted Yosano as saying he was extremely concerned about North Korea's nuclear test.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video