U.S., Japan agree must tighten North Korea sanctions: official
LECCE, Italy (Reuters) - U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and Japanese Finance Minister Kaoru Yosano have agreed they must tighten sanctions against North Korea, a senior Japanese official at the Group of Eight finance meeting said.
"Both ministers agreed that we must tighten sanctions against North Korea," the Japanese official told reporters on Friday after a meeting between the two men.
He also quoted Yosano as saying he was extremely concerned about North Korea's nuclear test.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- National Guard start pullout as protests in Ferguson turn calmer |
- Class action against Facebook attracts 60,000 users