U.S., Japan agree must tighten North Korea sanctions: official
LECCE, Italy (Reuters) - U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and Japanese Finance Minister Kaoru Yosano have agreed they must tighten sanctions against North Korea, a senior Japanese official at the Group of Eight finance meeting said.
"Both ministers agreed that we must tighten sanctions against North Korea," the Japanese official told reporters on Friday after a meeting between the two men.
He also quoted Yosano as saying he was extremely concerned about North Korea's nuclear test.
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Iran nuclear talks extended seven months after deadline missed
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- Some fund managers see oil falling to $60 without OPEC cut