My duty to continue "legal" protests: Mousavi's wife
TEHRAN (Reuters) - The wife of Iranian opposition leader Mirhossein Mousavi called on the establishment to immediately release Iranians detained at election protests, his website reported Wednesday.
"I regret the arrest of many politicians and people and want their immediate release ... It is my duty to continue legal protests to preserve Iranian rights," Zahra Rahnavard was quoted by the website as saying.
She also criticized the presence of armed forces in the streets.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ