Monkey urinates on Zambian president
LUSAKA (Reuters) - A monkey urinated on Zambian President Rupiah Banda as he spoke to journalists at a news conference on Wednesday.
Banda softly shouted: "You (monkey) have urinated on my jacket," and paused as he looked up to see the animal playing in a tree just above his chair.
"Perhaps these are blessings," he said continuing his address amid laughter from the audience of journalists and diplomats at the State House presidential offices.
Several monkeys play around the grounds of Banda's residence and his office. There are also many species of antelope and birds in the State House grounds.
(Reporting By Shapi Shacinda)
- Hong Kong protesters plan march after fruitless talks with government
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home