Telenor, Alfa close to Vimpelcom merger deal-paper
MOSCOW, June 26 (Reuters) - Norway's Telenor (TEL.OL) is close to an agreement with its Russian partner, the Alfa Group, to merge their Russian and Ukrainian mobile telecoms businesses, Vimpelcom VIP.N and Kyivstar, Vedomosti newspaper said on Friday.
The paper cited two managers -- one from each side -- close to the conflict.
A merger deal, proposed by the Russian side, would end a five-year boardroom war between Telenor and its Russian partners which has weighed on the share prices of both Vimpelcom and Telenor.
(Reporting by Anastasia Teterevleva and Melissa Akin; Editing by Greg Mahlich)
((email@example.com; +7 495 775 1242)) Keywords: TELENOR RUSSIA/
(C) Reuters 2009. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution ofReuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expresslyprohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuterssphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group ofcompanies around the world.nLQ545158
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |