UPDATE 1-LDK Solar disappoints with Q2 rev forecast
* Sees Q2 revenue at $215-$225 mln vs Street view $250 mln
* Hikes Q2 wafer shipments forecast
* Shares dip 2.2 percent
LOS ANGELES, July 2 (Reuters) - China's LDK Solar LDK.N on Thursday forecast lower-than-expected second-quarter revenue, as demand for solar cells stays depressed and solar manufacturers struggle to secure financing.
But the wafer maker raised its estimate for second-quarter wafer shipments slightly to 220-230 megawatts from a previous 200-220 megawatts.
Shares in LDK Solar dipped 2.2 percent after falling 3 percent in regular trade.
The company said in a statement it will resume expanding capacity, aided by loans from two Chinese lenders and encouraged by a spike in demand late in the second quarter.
It forecast lower-than-expected revenues of $215 million to $225 million in the quarter ended June 30, down as much as 25 percent from the first quarter's $283.3 million and lagging analysts' average forecast for $250 million, according to Reuters Estimates. [ID:nWNAB4175]
LDK Solar added that its annualized wafer capacity hit 1.5 gigawatts at the end of the period, with a target of reaching 2.0 gigawatts by the end of this year.
In May, the company posted a wider than expected first-quarter net loss of $22.5 million, or 21 cents a share, as the global credit crisis dried up funding for renewable energy projects. [ID:nN21301506]
(Editing Bernard Orr)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel