- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Sixth night of violence in Sweden, but police say capital calmer |
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Justice Department defends journalist email search
CNN - Alaska Governor Sarah Palin will resign
WASHINGTON, July 3 |
WASHINGTON, July 3 (Reuters) - Alaska Governor Sarah Palin will resign this month and will not run for re-election as governor, CNN reported on Friday.
Palin was Republican presidential candidate John McCain's vice presidential running mate in last year's election and rallied the party's conservative base. There has been speculation that she would seek to be the Republican Party's presidential candidate in 2012.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this