Drunk badger disrupts traffic in Germany
BERLIN (Reuters) - A badger in Germany got so drunk on over-ripe cherries it staggered into the middle of a road and refused to budge, police said Wednesday. A motorist called police near the central town of Goslar to report a dead badger on a road -- only for officers to turn up and discover the animal alive and well, but drunk.
Police discovered the nocturnal beast had eaten cherries from a nearby tree which had turned to alcohol and given the badger diarrhoea. Having failed to scare the animal away, officers eventually chased it from the road with a broom.
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- Obama says does not yet have broad strategy for Islamic State