Netflix, Sony Electronics ink deal
NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - Netflix on Thursday unveiled a partnership with Sony Corp.'s Sony Electronics that will allow certain Netflix subscribers to watch movies streamed from Netflix on certain of Sony's Bravia TV sets.
In the fall, Netflix members on an unlimited subscription plan can use Sony Bravia Internet video-capable HDTVs to watch more than 12,000 movies and TV episodes streamed from Netflix, the companies said.
Sony is the latest consumer electronics giant to partner with Netflix, joining Microsoft and its Xbox360 videogame console, LG Electronics, Roku, Samsung, TiVo and Vizio.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone