Lockheed gets $262.5 million U.S. satellite down payment
(Adds details on costs)
WASHINGTON, July 10 (Reuters) - Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT.N) has been awarded a $262.5 million U.S. Air Force down payment toward purchase of a fourth space-based infrared systems gegeosynchronous earth orbit satellite, the Defense Department said on Friday.
A total of $137.1 million has been obligated so far, the department said in its daily contract digest. The full cost of the satellite was not included. (Reporting by Julie Vorman; editing by Andre Grenon)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- UK's Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?