LG Display CFO: considering panel plant in China
SEOUL, July 16
SEOUL, July 16 (Reuters) - South Korea's LG Display Co Ltd (034220.KS) is considering building a panel-manufacturing plant in China, where it has so far kept only assembly lines, the company's chief financial officer said on Thursday.
"We are seriously considering (building a plant in China)," CFO James Jeong told reporters on the sidelines of an investor meeting. "But even if the decision is made now, (the plant) will come two to three years later."
Jeong also said he shared the market consensus that the liquid crystal display industry would face another bout of oversupply in the first half of 2010. (Reporting by Rhee So-eui; Editing by Jonathan Hopfner)
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- New Russia sanctions threats as Ukraine stalemate goes on |
- Florida man charged with murdering son so he could play video games
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official