UPDATE 1-Jarden sees profit, sales meeting or topping view
* Jarden sees Q2 EPS in line or better than analysts' view
* Sees Q2 revenue in line or slightly ahead of estimates
* Shares rise less than 2 percent in premarket trade
CHICAGO, July 20 (Reuters) - Jarden Corp (JAH.N), maker of Sunbeam appliances and other home products, expects to meet or exceed analysts' expectations for profit and sales when it reports second-quarter results later this week.
Jarden, which has benefited as consumers seek lower-priced goods in the recession, said it expected to meet or exceed analysts' consensus estimates for earnings per share. It also expects second-quarter revenue to be in line with or slightly better than analysts' consensus estimates.
Analysts on average expect Jarden to post a second-quarter profit of 55 cents per share on $1.25 billion in revenue, according to Reuters Estimates.
Jarden, whose other products include Mr. Coffee coffee makers and Bicycle playing cards, plans to release second-quarter results on July 22.
Shares of Jarden rose to $21.33 after closing at $21.00 on Friday. (Reporting by Jessica Wohl; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |