Japan Tobacco to buy Brazilian leaf producer
TOKYO, July 22
TOKYO, July 22 (Reuters) - Japan Tobacco Inc (2914.T) said it would buy unlisted Brazilian tobacco leaf supplier Kannenberg & Cia Ltda and Kannenberg, Barker, Hail & Cotton Tabacos Ltda to help it secure a stable supply of tobacco leaves.
Japan Tobacco said it expects to finalise the deal in October.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia