Yahoo eyeing sale of HotJobs, Yahoo Small Business: peHUB
(Reuters) - Internet giant Yahoo Inc is looking to sell HotJobs and Yahoo Small Business as part of its drive to shed its non-core assets, peHUB, owned by ThomsonReuters, said, citing sources familiar to the matter.
"They have been approached by but they are proactively looking to sell to a strategic investor like a Careerbuilder or Monster.com," peHUB quoted a source as saying.
Yahoo's HotJobs competes with the websites like CareerBuilder.com and Monster Worldwide Inc in the United States.
The company has been scouting for potential buyers for about two or three months now, the source told peHUB.
Yahoo, which has the second-largest Internet search engine in the United States behind Google Inc, this week announced plans to revamp its homepage to make itself more relevant to Web surfers and create new ways to sell advertising.
None of the companies could be reached immediately by Reuters for comments.
(Reporting by Nivedita Bhattacharjee in Bangalore; Editing by Muralikumar Anantharaman)
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details