- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Stockholm calmer but violence spreads outside Swedish capital |
Kutcher says Mischa Barton is "doing great"
LOS ANGELES |
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actor Ashton Kutcher said on Friday that Mischa Barton, "The O.C." star who was hospitalized last week for psychiatric observation, is "doing great" and headed for New York to join the cast of a TV show.
Kutcher talked briefly about Barton at a technology conference in Pasadena, which the actor and producer attended to discuss his use of the social networking website Twitter.
"I can tell you right now Mischa Barton is doing great," said Kutcher, who is the creator of a television show called "The Beautiful Life" that features Barton.
The show, which airs on The CW network in the fall, is about a group of models, and Barton plays a beauty with a pill-popping habit.
Barton was reportedly hospitalized for psychiatric evaluation, after police were called to her home on July 15.
In a statement, Barton spokesman Craig Schneider said the actress is "improving each day" and hopes to resume production on the show next week.
Aside from starring in TV show "The O.C." from 2003 to 2006, the British-born Barton has also worked as a model.
(Reporting by Alex Dobuzinskis: Editing by Bob Tourtellotte)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this