FACTBOX: Security developments in Afghanistan, July 30
(Reuters) - Following are security developments in Afghanistan at 1200 GMT on Thursday:
HELMAND - A roadside bomb killed four guards working for an Afghan private security company in the Gereshk district of southern Helmand province Thursday, the Interior Ministry said.
HELMAND - A roadside bomb killed four Afghan soldiers and wounded two near Yakhchal village in Gereshk Wednesday, the Defense Ministry said.
HERAT - An Afghan civilian was killed when police fired shots to break up a protest by street hawkers in the western city of Herat Wednesday, the Interior Ministry said. Two police were wounded and a journalist beaten. The hawkers were demonstrating against plans by city officials to stop them trading on the city's streets.
(Compiled by Golnar Motevalli and Jonathon Burch; Editing by Paul Tait)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- Ukraine accuses Russia of invasion after aid convoy crosses border |
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling