FACTBOX-How big is UBS in the United States
July 31 (Reuters) - The United States said on Friday it has reached an agreement in principle with Swiss bank UBS (UBSN.VX) (UBS.N) on their tax evasion dispute and hopes to hammer out the details of a settlement in a week. [ID:nN31419197.
Here are some facts about UBS in the United States:
- UBS has 34,000 employees in the United States, more than rivals Morgan Stanley (MS.N), Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS.N), and Credit Suisse (CSGN.VX).
- The Swiss bank is the number one share trader across the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq combined.
- The bank's U.S. workforce represents 37 percent of its global staff.
- The Swiss bank expanded its presence in the United States in 2000 with the $10 billion acquisition of PaineWebber Group, a brokerage firm with over 8,500 brokers and $500 billion in client assets.
- UBS Wealth Management Americas managed 673 billion Swiss francs ($619.7 billion) in client assets at the end of March.
- The bank has around 2 million clients in the United States.
- UBS has locations in 381 cities across 49 states and the District of Columbia.
Source: UBS (Editing by David Cowell)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study