Sen. Shelby- Fed central in oversight shortcomings
WASHINGTON Aug 4 (Reuters) - A senior U.S. Republican lawmaker who will play a role in overhauling financial rules after a devastating crisis said on Tuesday much of the blame for the turmoil can be put on the Federal Reserve.
All roads lead to the Fed when looking for regulatory shortcomings, said Sen. Richard Shelby, the ranking Republican on the Senate Banking Committee, at a hearing. (Reporting by Mark Felsenthal and Alister Bull; Editing by James Dalgleish)
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Global stocks rise, yen slips after peaceful Crimea vote |