Sen. Shelby- Fed central in oversight shortcomings
WASHINGTON Aug 4 (Reuters) - A senior U.S. Republican lawmaker who will play a role in overhauling financial rules after a devastating crisis said on Tuesday much of the blame for the turmoil can be put on the Federal Reserve.
All roads lead to the Fed when looking for regulatory shortcomings, said Sen. Richard Shelby, the ranking Republican on the Senate Banking Committee, at a hearing. (Reporting by Mark Felsenthal and Alister Bull; Editing by James Dalgleish)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |