UPDATE 1-Hansen Q2 profit rises; shares up 10 pct
* EPS $0.60 vs est $0.60
* Net sales $300.3 mln vs est $310.2 mln
* Shares rise 10 pct after the bell
Aug 6 (Reuters) - Beverage seller Hansen Natural Corp HANS.O reported a 14 percent rise in quarterly profit, driven by strong sales of its Monster Energy drink, lifting its shares 10 percent in after-market trade.
Second-quarter net income rose to $57.3 million, or 60 cents a share, from $50.2 million, or 51 cents per share, a year ago.
Sales at Hansen, which competes with Austria-based Red Bull in the energy drinks category, increased 6 percent to $300.3 million.
Analysts on average had expected the company to earn 60 cents a share, before special items, on revenue of $310.2 million, according to Reuters Estimates.
Shares of the Corona, California-based company were trading up $2.62 at $33.30 after the bell. They closed at $30.68 Thursday on the Nasdaq. (Reporting by Viraj Nair in Bangalore; Editing by Anne Pallivathuckal)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |