Barbra Streisand playing club show in New York
NEW YORK (Billboard) - Barbra Streisand, who rarely performs concerts, will return to the tiny New York jazz club where she opened for Miles Davis 48 years ago.
She will play a free, one-off show at the 123-capacity Village Vanguard on September 26, three days before the release of her new album "Love Is the Answer," a collection of jazz standards.
Tickets will be given away to fans who either purchase the CD in advance or fill out an entry form. Details about the concert and tickets are available at barbrastreisand.com (www.barbrastreisand.com).
Streisand's last U.S. tour, in 2006, tour grossed more than $92 million, according to Billboard Boxscore, setting house gross records in 14 of the 16 arenas it played.
(Editing by DGoodman at Reuters)
(please visit our entertainment blog via www.reuters.com or on blogs.reuters.com/fanfare/)
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source