UPDATE 1-Two Hershey directors resign over new committee
NEW YORK Aug 13 (Reuters) - Hershey Co (HSY.N) said on Thursday that Arnold Langbo and Charles Strauss resigned from its board of directors due to a difference of opinion regarding a special committee.
Hershey said its board established a special finance and risk management committee that would also review the company's annual plan and other strategies such as acquisitions and asset sales.
The company said Langbo and Strauss resigned because they believed that keeping responsibility for these matters with the board as a whole was better corporate governance. (Reporting by Martinne Geller; Editing by Derek Caney)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study