TABLE-Reuters/U Mich Aug prelim. sentiment index 63.2
NEW YORK, Aug 14 (Reuters) - Reuters/University of Michigan Surveys of Consumers' preliminary August consumer sentiment fell to 63.2 from July's final reading of 66.0, according to a report released on Friday.
Economists in a Reuters survey expected a preliminary August reading of 68.5.
Below is a table of the survey's components:
Aug-P July June May April Sentiment 63.2 66.0 70.8 68.7 65.1 Current conditions 64.9 70.5 73.2 67.7 68.3 Expectations 62.1 63.2 69.2 69.4 63.1 1-year inflation 2.8 2.9 3.1 2.8 2.8 5-year inflation 2.9 3.0 3.0 2.9 2.8
THE SURVEY: The Reuters/University of Michigan Surveys of Consumers, a monthly series of data on U.S. consumer sentiment, are produced by the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Reuters has exclusive rights to distribute the data for six months after the release. (Editing by Theodore d'Afflisio)
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data