China's power generating capacity tops 800 GW: report
BEIJING (Reuters) - China's installed power generating capacity exceeds 800 million killowatts (800 gigawatts) with a new hydropower generator coming on line, state media reported on Sunday.
That puts China just over halfway toward its target of 1,600 gigawatts of installed power generating capacity by 2020.
The latest addition came from the no. 6 generator at Laxiwa Hydropower Station, the country's largest hydropower station on the Yellow River, which has started running, Xinhua news agency reported.
(Reporting by Simon Rabinovitch)
- U.S. forces carry out operation against al-Shabaab in Somalia
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Fast-food workers to launch intensified protests across U.S.