UPDATE 1-Hain Celestial Q4 profit misses Street, shares down
* Q4 EPS $0.28 vs est $0.32
* Q4 sales $262.7 mln vs est $287.40 mln
* Says reduced debt by $30.2 mln in Q4
* Sees 2010 EPS $1.19 to $1.28
* Shares down 9 pct
Aug 25 (Reuters) - Hain Celestial Group Inc (HAIN.O) posted a lower-than-expected quarterly profit, hurt mainly by foreign exchange rates and lower gross margins, and forecast 2010 profit below expectations, sending its shares down as much as 9 percent.
The organic food and personal care products company earned $1.3 million, or 3 cents a share, compared with $6.5 million, or 16 cents a share, a year ago.
Excluding items, Hain Celestial earned 28 cents a share.
Sales fell 6 percent to $262.7 million
Analysts on average were looking for a profit of 32 cents a share, before items, on revenue of $287.4 million.
The company said it has reduced its outstanding debt by $30.2 million in the fourth quarter.
Hain Celestial forecast 2010 earnings between $1.19 and $1.28 a share, on sales of between $1.01 billion and $1.03 billion.
Analysts on average had expected 2010 earnings of $1.37 a share on revenue of $1.2 billion.
Shares of the Melville, New York-based company were down $1.65 at $16.35 in after-market trade. They closed at $18.00 Tuesday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Vidya Lakshmi in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade